You can log in to your account using either SMS based two-factor authentication (2FA) or app based two-factor authentication (2FA). To change from SMS based 2FA to app based 2FA follow the steps below.
Risk Ledger recommends using app based two-factor authentication. SMS based two-factor authentication is vulnerable to SMS intercept attacks and SIM swap attacks.
Risk Ledger supports most common authentication apps (that support TOTP) including Google Authenticator.
- Log in to your Risk Ledger account.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Under the Account section, select the Configure 2FA button. A pop-up will appear with a QR code.
- Download your authentication app of choice onto your smartphone from the relevant app store (for example, Google Authenticator).
- Within the authentication app click the option to add a new login and select "Scan QR Code".
- Scan the QR Code that has appeared within the pop up on the Risk Ledger app.
- Enter the One Time Password (OTP) displayed on your smartphone authentication app and click Enable Authenticator.
If at any point you find yourself locked out of the app, please send a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org