An exemption is a way for you to remove the requirement for a Supplier to have a control implemented. You may want to do this if a Supplier falls under a requirement that, upon examination, you don't think is relevant to them.
Please note: you can only apply an exemption against a control that is non-compliant.
To apply an exemption, please follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Risk Ledger app as an Edit, Admin, or Lead User of an organisation set up as a Client.
- Navigate to the Suppliers page.
- Select the Supplier for whom you want to apply the exemption against and click on that Supplier to go to their profile.
- Locate the control that you would like to apply the exemption against. Please note, you can only apply an exemption against a non-compliant control.
- Click on the control. A pop up will appear. To apply an exemption, click on the Apply Exemption button.
- Enter a Reason for the exemption and click Apply Exemption.
- You can remove the exemption by following the above steps for a control on which an exemption has been applied (the button changes from Apply Exemption to Remove Exemption).