You can log in to your account using either SMS based two-factor authentication (2FA) or app based two-factor authentication (2FA). To change from app based 2FA to SMS based 2FA follow the steps below.
Risk Ledger recommends using app based two-factor authentication. SMS based two-factor authentication is vulnerable to SMS intercept attacks and SIM swap attacks.
Risk Ledger supports most common authentication apps (that support TOTP) including Google Authenticator.
- Log in to your Risk Ledger account.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Under the Account section, select the Configure 2FA button. A pop-up will appear.
- Click the Change to SMS button.
- Next time you log in to the Risk Ledger app, as SMS based One Time Password (OTP) will be used.
If at any point you find yourself locked out of the app, please send a ticket to email@example.com